The European MSc. in Photonics is an English taught interuniversity programme of two years (120 ECTS) which leads to a joint degree from Ghent University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
This multidisciplinary master offers a challenging engineering programme with skills development like laser engineering, optical communication, optical materials, microphotonics and optical sensors. Next to the fundamental science of photonics, students receive an in-depth training in engineering of light-based phenomena and systems from a dedicated team of professors with an impressive track record in photonics and optics research.
This programme prepares students for a professional career in innovative industries and research domains such as biotechnology, health care, green energy, ICT and Industry 4.0.
• Core and advanced photonics courses
• Specialized courses in electronics, physics, optics and engineering
• Strong focus on hands-on training in photonics skills
• Master thesis project in highly equipped research labs
• International experience and mobility
All components are optimally combined to ensure fundamental knowledge is applied in student projects and the master thesis, integrating the required transferrable – 21st century – skills: